Thursday, September 25, 2008

Inspirational Insistance


Oh, inspiration! It's been a good week for it. Monday evening was spent with Cindy and other good friends at the Nick Cave show at the Crystal Ballroom. Doesn't it just sound romantic? A dance floor beautiful chandeliers, murals, a balcony. I have to say it was a fabulous place, and that it's still in it's full glory is really something to be said for the owners. So many times old things get tossed out for the new. The idea that when something gets old and chipped up that it's no longer attractive is just sad. I mean, look at Nick Cave. He said he was "disgracefully old" Monday night. It was his 51st birthday. I wouldn't throw him out, no, no, no! I was not disappointed, and I don't think many were. He rocked like he was 24. So see, when a thing seems old to one person, it can actually still hold a lot of joy and add fullness to another. So thank you Nick for reminding us that old stuff is way cool. Oh, and Flutter as always for helping old things get the respect and limelight they deserve!

How does this all tie in with my sewing and designing gig? Nick Cave You say? I thought you were supposed to write about interior stuff and what cool things your making, you say.
Well, how about next week. I just want to languish in the revelry that was Monday night. A night that made this old thing feel young again!

No comments: