Monday, October 24, 2011

From Past to Flutter.

Good evening, Flutter fans! I hope that you all enjoyed the crisp sunny weather today- I know I did. Portland looks beautiful right now- Autumn just suits this city so well. If tomorrow is as nice as today was, I think I might need to take a walk down to Laurelhurst Park with some tea, a blanket, and a good book.

Anyway, besides talking about the seasons and the weather, I thought tonight it would be nice to share some photographs and art from the past, all inspired from items in the shop. We sell such a wide variety of vintage and vintage-inspired items, I knew that I could easily find scenes, advertisements, paintings, and old photographs that pair well with some of our products. Plus, sometimes it's just nice to take a peek into the past.


left: old portrait, right: Flutter


left: vintage advertisement, right: Flutter


left: Flutter, right: antique painting


left: photograph of 40's circus performers, right: Flutter


left: Flutter, right: old film still


left: vintage Vodka advertisement (with Woody Allen), right: Flutter


left: Flutter, right: vintage catalog page


I'll be back for a second post on Friday- enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments: