Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What an Amazing Day



We have a new president! I spent all morning moving into my new place, jammed to school to take a french test (which I aced), and then collapsed in the cafeteria with a falafel burrito just in time to watch the inaugural procession. I think I was already a little emotional, but watching President Obama walk down Pennsylvania Ave to the White House just made me bust out crying. Poor sweetheart, he's got his work cut out for him.
Aaand, so do I! For instance, this poor blog has been sadly neglected. I had a great holiday, but I'm having a hard time returning to the real world. My classes have started, and my second-term anatomy class is kicking my derriere. I mean, my gluteus maximus. Dissecting sheep brains at 9 a.m. is a little overwhelming. I am also moving, as I mentioned above. Lola and I are super excited, and our rooms are looking great. My great friend Jana kicked me down some fabulous Yolo paint, nontoxic and earth friendly etc, in a pretty pale blue that manages to be warm and chalky, not icy like most pale blues. It didn't smell even while I was painting. Lola's room is the same soft yellow-green as in Flutter, with bright scarlet trim at the top and black baseboards. I have to say here that I had never painted a room before, also never had I faced the daunting task of choosing paint colors. I mean, I know what I like, no one who knows me could doubt that, but intentionally deciding on something so visible and permanent is tough. Picking out glasses is even hard for me. I feel very proud of the job that I did, I think it looks great, and I can't wait to spend my first night in the new place. It may not be as grand as the White House, but then neither are my responsibilities. Check out the article on Obama in the Onion- It's my go-to rag, for news so fresh you have to slap it.

No comments: