Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ottoman Empire


Well, I have to say getting back into the swing of things after the holidays has been rough. After all that snow and holiday coziness, I still just want to hide under the covers and pretend I'm still on vacation. It's still dark when I get up in the morning, which makes for a hard time getting up. Thank god that it's staying lighter longer though, I can see a light at the end of my S.A.D. tunnel!

I have had some energy for creative endeavors. I should say I have had time to do some foot work for creative endeavors, which basically means looking at pictures and giving my very valuable opinions...yes, well. I'm pumping myself up here, it's almost my birthday, give me a break!

So, I thought I would share with you just one little peek into the project dujour for Flutter. I like to call it ROUND OTTOMAN. Yes. Next week I will be able to show you a little more. This is the custom built frame that Emily, our talented upholsterer, had commissioned. It's nice, don't you think? Round, solid. It's getting finished with some fantastic silk fabric that we had chrysanthemums printed on. It's going to be too pretty to out your feet up on, but not to nice to put a beautiful tray with cocktails on...I always have liked the ottoman as coffee table. I once saw one that was as big as a twin bed, granted it was in a very large country estate and would not work in a reasonably sized house. I can dream right?

So, happy Thursday! I plan on making my regular appearance here every week again. I must buckle down, get things moving again!

XO,
Susan

1 comment:

sara said...

i saw round queen-sized beds at ikea the other day. does that count as an ottoman?