Friday, November 21, 2008

Aftermath...



The Flutter party was so much fun. All the panels were hung and the pillows stuffed.It's always nice to have a party after working so diligently, especially one that Cindy throws. I brought the whole family with me, and I think the kids ate about 15 powdered donuts and 25 pixie sticks each. Judging by the frantic giggling and running around, Cindy and Sarah's girls were probably even higher on the sugar charts. I must say it was great fun. I had invited a neighbor to go, and he had a blast talking and dancing with all the lovely ladies who were working and modeling that night. He kept thanking me profusely for introducing him to a place full of such beautiful women. Yes, another little known fact to those of you who haven't actually been in the store, on any given moment it's full of beautiful women along with the beautiful things!



I have taken the week off from any sewing projects, but I did have a meeting with an upholsterer because I can't seem to stop with the ideas I have for the shop. A line of furniture? Say it can be done! Say it! Thank you. The woman (yes! another woman! girl power is strong in the land of Flutter)I talked to is on the same page as I am as concerning furniture. It was an exciting meeting, and she's going to meet with me and Cindy and show us some good stuff soon. Hopefully over some cocktails. Hopefully I will have some good news to report back with!

Other than that, I am too busy for words. The holidays are just about in full swing and all the festivities that go along with them. "It's the most wonderful time of the year", to quote one of my favorite Christmas songs. I try not to sing any until after Thanksgiving to spare my family....one little stanza isn't going to hurt anyone right?


xo,
Susan

6 comments:

flutter said...

I was still recovering and moving slow on Sunday when Susan called with the next project...she was ready to go again with the next big adventure. I love the women in the Flutter group they are as manic and nutty as me.

Lees Lamar said...

The creative mind is a crazy and mysterious thing, you have to move when it says so...

flutter said...

of course, Susan...I meant the nutty thing as the highest of compliments. Two things I hold very high on the personality list and consider them to be mine and others greatest strength...a little creative (aka nutty) and hard working (aka manic). There's a midwestern workhorse gene ingrained in me and I have to be a little creative and manic to survive and succeed with those kind of midwest expectations! I love the midwest and I can't wait for the next adventure!

Did I mention the other midwest thing....determination. Yep...screw the economy and all the doom and gloom and everyone telling me to play it safe. I'm going full force along with a bunch of crazy, creative and courageous women!

Lees Lamar said...

I got my drive from my mother.
She's a great lady. And she's a Midwesterner too. Dad is good too...

Deirdra Doan said...

HI I loved the Party...I drove up from Salem for it...took great photo's of the models...hope to make some dolls or paintings from them
I showed some of my art and dolls to Cindy Rokoff. Please ask her to go to my blog and see the dolls and other art of mine.

Also please come listen to my Christmas song on the blog and on youtube I wrote and filmed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8_tB2rbuos&fmt=18

I so love your store and can't wait to see the new furniture!!!

Happy Thanksgiving and Blessed Christmas to you!!!
Deirdra

Deirdra Doan said...

PS can you turn on the little picture part of the blog..I like seeing peoples little avitar (photo) next to their comments. Makes it more personal and creative/arty.