Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Lovely Sunday.



Good evening, folks. It is the end of Sunday and the beginning of autumn, which means I spent my day at Flutter listening to both the pounding rain and some lovely music (my favorites for rainy shop days? Nick Cave, Billie Holiday, and The Magnetic Fields.) Wanderers came in and out, soaked by the rain, but happy to be greeted by King, our ever-charming cat, and the coziness of the shop. I'll tell you, I am a deep lover of this time of year. Crisp air, vibrant colors, scarf weather... and Halloween. I love Halloween. But we'll get more into that next week.

Being a collector and design lover (see more here), there are many things inside Flutter that strike my fancy. Industrial furniture, inspiring books, vintage oddities, and one-of-a-kind dresses. Each week, I tend to snap some of my favorites on my phone just to keep track of random things I adore. On this fine Sunday, these are my picks...


1. little sailor boy ($24) and 2. Frida Kahlo book ($24.95)


3. alabaster stag ($70) and 4. black & white 1950s dress ($68)


5. Pretty Things, a burlesque history book ($19.99) and 6. vintage squirrel statue ($68)


7. garden gnome pillows ($45 each) and 8. antique fencing mask ($135)


Next post: Halloween time at Flutter- enjoy the week!

No comments: