Monday, September 28, 2009

AUTUMN JAMS

Autumn is my favorite time of year. It's chilly but mostly dry, so you can wear suede boots and silky wooly things that might otherwise be destroyed in the rain. The smell of crunchy maple leaves and old musty roses and grapes really does it for me, and the anarchic disarray of overgrown front yards and gardens sprawl like an endless altar to fertility. Plus, there are all those end-of summer barbeques and bonfires and street parties. You might run into a unicorn, like I did! This time of year it's also pretty safe to listen to otherwise paralysingly depressing music like the Smiths, or 'Blood on the Tracks'. You could watch Harold and Maude, actually watching movies in general is more of a wintertime activity for me but there is something distinctly autumnal about that one. I'm including a ton of pictures of the shop to try and convey the way the end of September looks in here.










No comments: